Reputable Firm Handles Legal Matters in the Areas of Powers of Attorney, Estate Planning & Living Wills and Other Advance Directives
Trusted adviser provides reliable counsel to clients in the Fort Worth area
At John L. Barnes, Attorney & Mediator, I advocate for clients in Powers of Attorney, Estate Planning and Living Wills and Other Advance Directives cases. Based in Texas, I am familiar with the courts of the Fort Worth area and throughout Texas. I draw on my skill and experience to help you resolve your legal problem, and no matter what your case involves, I am focused on a successful result. Please read my profile to learn more about my professional background.
Knowledgeable advocate handles multiple areas of the law
John L. Barnes, Attorney & Mediator has a thorough understanding of Texas law. I work hard to help you get the best possible results in the following practice areas:
- Powers of Attorney: I advise on and prepare powers of attorney. As an experienced estate planning lawyer, I work with individuals and businesses to make sure that legal authority for vital tasks is transferred in the event of a person’s incapacity.
- Estate Planning: I handle estate planning matters, helping individuals protect their legacies and provide for their loved ones.
- Living Wills and Other Advance Directives: I help clients create living wills, powers of attorney and other forms of advance directives. These documents can allow you to make clear how your medical care and finances should be handled in the event that you cannot make decisions yourself.
- Probate and Estate Administration: I guide estate executors and administrators through the process with assistance in collecting, valuing, protecting and liquidating assets of the estate.
- Trusts: There are many different types of trusts, each with its own rules and benefits. I can help you establish one appropriate for your assets and goals.
- Mediation Representation: If litigation is not right for you, mediation may be a better option. I help businesses and individuals resolve their legal disputes amicably. Mediation gives you more control over the legal process, usually producing quicker results than those achieved by going to trial.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: The different types of alternative dispute resolutions (ADR) include nonbinding arbitration, binding arbitration and mediation. All of these are viable alternatives to litigation. In ADR, a neutral mediator or arbitrator listens to both sides of the case and facilitates an agreement. I am experienced in all types of ADR.
- Mediation Services: If litigation is not right for you, mediation may be a better option. As an experienced mediator, I help businesses and individuals resolve their legal disputes amicably. Mediation gives you more control over the legal process, usually producing quicker results than those achieved through trial.
- Business Formation: If you are forming a business in Texas, you need to hire an experienced attorney to look out for your best interests. I can guide you through every step of the business formation process, including insurance coverage, investment strategies, compliance issues, contracts and more.
- Closely Held Businesses: Closely held businesses may face many issues, including succession, mergers and acquisitions, buy-sell agreements, tax issues and more. I am dedicated to helping you and your business succeed.
When you retain the services of John L. Barnes, Attorney & Mediator, you can be assured that your attorney is fully qualified to take on your case.
Contact a reputable Texas law firm today
John L. Barnes, Attorney & Mediator sees your case through from start to finish. Let me work with you to address your legal concerns in Texas. My office is conveniently located in Texas. Call my firm at 817-298-2196 to arrange your consultation or contact the firm online.